Happy Birthday to B.Sai Goutham Kumar (1-A), S.Pavan (5-A), B.Balraj Goud (10-C) * Welcome to Joseph’s Anglo-Indian Boys’ Higher Secondary School  
 
:: Home

principal

principal
Rev. Fr. Patrick Joseph M.A. MEd., M.Th, M.Phil
Princial & Parish Priest St. Joseph's Church Vepery
 

The reputed ST. Joseph's Group of Schools which comes under the educational ministry of the Arch-diocease of Chennai-Mylapore is situated on 31, Vepery High Road, Chennai 600 007 right across from the Government Veterinary College.

The church campus comprises the following schools which have unique historical origin.

•1.      St. Joseph's Anglo-Indian Boys' Higher Secondary School
•2.      St. Joseph's Nursery and Primary School
•3.      Don Bosco High School
•4.      Don Bosco High Primary School 

principal
Mr.P.J.FRANKLIN
Headmaster St.Joseph's Anglo Indian Boys' Higher Secondary School
 

When we turn the pages of the history of Madras Catholic Directory dating back to 1851 , we learn that there were eight English medium Schools which were imparting free education for boys and girls separately.  The schools  run for the boys were located at Armanian Street, Royapuram , New Town, St. Thomas Mount and Pallavaram. The other three schools for the girls were at Maclean Street, St. Thomas mount and Pallavaram.

Goiong by history, the present St. Joseph's Anglo-Indian Boys' School was once called ‘New Town Catholic School'.  Rev. Fr. Felise and Italian capuchin priest was the pioneer, who purchased nearly 70,554 Sq.ft. of land on 11th June 1825.  he built St. Andrew's church at Kalathiappa Street, which was the first church in Vepery and thus entire making Vepery was a strong Roman Catholic centre.                       

Initially the New Town Catholic School was under the administration of St. Andrew's Church.  Later, in 1930 St. Joseph's Church was constructed at the school campus and it was made a Parish and the school come under the management of St. Joseph's Church. When we turn the pages of the history of Madras Catholic Directory dating back to 1851 , we learn that there were eight English medium Schools which were imparting free education for boys and girls separately.  The schools  run for the boys were located at Armanian Street, Royapuram , New Town, St. Thomas Mount and Pallavaram. The other three schools for the girls were at Maclean Street, St. Thomas mount and Pallavaram. More...                         



Appreciation to
ACHIEVERS


Notice Board
ONLINE


Quote of the day
Bloom Where You are Planted.
-- KRM PS
Today's
QUOTATION
Copyright © 2011 - Kaligi Schools - All Rights Reserved.Developed by ArcherWebSol
St.Joseph's Anglo Indian Boys' Higher Secondary School
Vepery, Chennai - 600 007.
Phone: 044-25610439
Visitor Count